TopSolid'Wood Hint #156
The part definition in TopSolid'Wood makes it possible to manage precisely the bent parts.
In the unwound part modification of a bent part, it is possible to carry curves in the reference face over to the unwound part.
This feature provides the ability to machine sloped edges in 5 axes.
For this, as shown in video, just follow the following process:
- Copy edges of the sloped faces to the 3D part.
- Project the resulting curves from the inner face to the reference face of unwound part.
- Carry curves in the reference face over to the unwound part.
- On the unwound part, project the curves in reverse to transfer them on the inner face.
- Create the ruled shapes from these curves.
- Trim the unwound part by these ruled surfaces.
- Create user machining on the sloped edges to be able to machine them automatically in 5 axes with TopSolid'WoodCam.